This privacy notice tells you how London Vet Clinic collects and processes your personal data, if you register as a client, use our services including website registration and give your consent to our communicating with you.
The London Vet Clinic is an independent veterinary clinic. We protect the health and well-being of your pets and offer a range of services that include preventative care as well as medical diagnostics and treatments. We dispense medicines and a range of care related products.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and is happy to answer any questions about this privacy notice and how the London Vet Clinic uses your data.
We can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7723 2068
The personal data we collect and process
There are four main ways we process the personal data you provide. We try to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
- To administer your pets medical records with us
In order to provide our service effectively and ensure the best possible care for your pet, we need to collect and process the following personal data when we register you as a client.
We request the following personal data as part of our registration process
First name, Last name
Phone number (normally a mobile)
This personal data will be used for the following services and purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example invoicing, calling to change an appointment and keeping records for legal and accounting purposes.
- To inform you by email of service information about the practice. For example, notification of changes in opening times or changes in staff at the clinic.
- If you have pet insurance and you wish to make a claim, we will pass on your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your insurance company to allow them to process your claim.
- If we take a blood sample from your pet, we may send the sample to an external laboratory and provide your pets name and your surname for identification purposes only.
- To share with veterinary related 3rd parties WITH your consent
There will be occasions where we will need to ask for your consent to share your personal data with a 3rd party:
- If you would like your pet to be referred to a specialist veterinary surgeon, we will provide them with your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to enable them to confirm your referral appointment.
- Should you wish to move to an alternative veterinary surgery, we will provide your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your new vets before closing your account.
- Should you wish to microchip your pet we give you the documents to then register your name, address and contact details with the chip provider. Note that chipping dogs is a legal requirement.
- Should you wish to purchase a dog tag, we will provide your name for identification and your contact number for engraving to the dog tag provider.
The London Vet Clinic will not pass on your personal data to any third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. We do not provide any personal data to the suppliers of the medicines we administer or the pet care products we sell.
- To send you marketing communications IF we have your consent
We send our clients the following marketing communications:
- Reminders for health checks and administering preventative healthcare treatments.
- News information on animal welfare, like tips for exercise and health checks you can do yourself.
The personal data that we process for this service is name, address, email and mobile phone number.
We would like our clients to enjoy these communications, so it is important to note that consent can be withdrawn at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email.
- Calling us at the clinic on 020 7723 2068.
- Dropping into the surgery and speaking to a member of staff.
- When you use our website www.londonvetclinic.co.uk
The London Vet Clinic uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to the www.londonvetclinic.co.uk .
We provide a pet registration form on our website and collect the users’ pet and personal information. The form details the information required and an explanation of what the form is for. Once pet registration has been dealt with, the data is deleted from the website in line with London Vet Clinic procedures.
Disclosure of personal data to our service providers
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to the London Vet Clinic in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details securely, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of the details.
How long do we process your data for?
The London Vet Clinic is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
In order to comply with our professional liability insurance, we keep and securely store past client records for seven years. This includes full name, address, email address and telephone number, but excludes bank account details.
We will only process your personal data whilst you are a client. If there has been no activity for three years we will close the account and archive the data.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You can do that by visiting email@example.com or by calling 020 7723 2068. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – passport, driving licence or birth certificate.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten– in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object– you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that the London Vet Clinic refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact the Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7723 2068
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by us or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.
London Vet Clinic
86 York Street
London W1H 1QS
Tel: 020 7723 2068
Fax: 020 7723 9009
Proprietor London Veterinary Clinic Ltd. Registered in England & Wales No: 3053413
Registered Office: 86 York Street, London, W1H 1QS